Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Salem = Peace


I am a different person. In four days, what I have experienced has changed me forever. My character has been matured, my way of thinking has completely been rearranged, and we have experienced a very rare encounter that I believe that not many people on this earth have or will experience.

We came to Salem again, to love on Pagans and Witches and whoever else was there. The best way I could explain my experience was that of a movie. Many things going on were of movie surrealness. First of all you hear witches making spells with weird ingredients such as, toad eyes and some kind of blood, etc, etc. Let me tell you, there are people that actually do that. There are people who believe they are vampires and have lived for 400 years. An entire community like this exists in Salem Mass.

Secondly, persecution of witches Salem was famous for in the late 1600's is still going on now. Picture this with me, an entire street filled with people, many wearing costumes, lots of witch outfits, People selling vampire fangs, and New Age products. In the midst of all this, you see huge signs that say "Trust Jesus", "Repent" ( with a list of sins ). These people are not just holding signs they are passing out tracks and speaking through mega phones, preaching about repentance and Jesus. Now don't get me wrong I believe we need to trust Jesus in our lives and turning away from crap (sin) in our lives is well needed but HOW these truths were communicated buy these Christians I disagreed with.


The last thing I wanted to say about Salem is that we had the preveledge to talk and help two High level witches (men) and a phycic (women) on Halloween eve. Some of the Christians holding the signs got a little too rough with these guys. To the point that they called for people at the "Gathering"(church we partnered with during the four days) to get these Christians to stop. So they did. Being very grateful the two Witches and psychic came down the road to the "Gathering" and hid out for a while, because they were shaken up. These three already had a relationship with the Pastor at the "Gathering"so they knew that pastor was a Christian they can trust; along with us. So we talked to these guys until 1:30 in the morning. In that conversation so many things happened. Just picture this with me. High level witches accepted in a church on Halloween eve where they were feed, comforted and allowed to converse with us for hours. That's a very rare sight. I don't think many people have or will experience something like that. But oh is it a wonderful experience. One of the witches said that "you know what Jesus Christ is"? then points at us and says, "This is Jesus Christ" I was dumbfounded when he said that. He saw the Love of God in us. The true expression of Christ is Love, no judgment, no bitterness, love.

So many more things had happened, but I just can't explain it all.

No comments: