Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"Crow-Kay"

The interns are now here. They all trickled in on Saturday, from all over. Many from Canada, then New Hampshire, California and Michigan. These people blow me away, they are quite mature in their character, great servants waiting at any moment to serve. Not having a dishwasher in the guys house, I've been very impressed with how clean our kitchen has been. They are also quick to pray for anyone and worship. Every morning around 6 am everyone is scattered around the house spending their time with Him. We already have had great worship time and great moments of laughter.

Tuesday was the start of the 101: "The Art of Hearing God". We also had the usual work around the offices and or houses and creative night, taught by Joni Cooper. Another thing that I'm greatly excited about is that Samuel, a pastor and principle from Kenya is staying with us for twelve days. He's staying in the leaders' room (my room) so we get to talk lots his experiences. Already we've asked many question about God moving in Africa and what its like there. Everynight there, the Holy Spirit wakes him up to pray, because there's many spiritual darkness hightened at night. Breaking through to heaven is harder in Africa because of so much witchcraft and negative spirituality. The Lord will give Samuel dreams of someone about to get hurt, or in an accident. His prayers will allow God to stop anyone from getting hurt.

I have to say Canada is a pretty cool place to be, where else can you say eh? after every question and say "paa-sta" instead of "pah-stah". They also have Loonies and Toonies which are $1 and $2 coins, no need for any paper bills below $5.00 here. But whats really crazy is that in Vancouver I have seen palm trees, yes, small short palm trees. How often do you see palm trees in Canada"?. I'll get a picture in for you guys next time.




Our offical sport here in Streams Canada Internship is the gentlemen game of croquet. The fad has grown rapidly.



2 comments:

Dustin Zupancic said...

I gotta say I love a good game or croquet myself!

Jesse said...

I'm all about the croquet!