Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Worcester "War stir"

Now I will be completely updated. This past weekend, Half of us went to Maine and half went to Worcester, MA. Going to Worcster it was overcast, rainy and as we past the numberous liquor stores, homeless people and bars I could feel the hopelessness in the air. Right when we turned on the exit, I had a random dwelling in my mind about my future plans. I was worring about my future. I realized what God wanted to bring people of Worcester was Hope for a future.

We stayed at this 122 year old "Pilgrim Congregational" Church. Able to seat one thousand, was now a congregation of ten people. The people we teamed with (The Woo Church) was sharing the building ( lots of extra space). The main sanctuary being all dusty yet beautiful is only used in funerals. Dave (Mass.) and I had the unique and great experience of climbing inside the huge pipe organ. This thing had ladders and two by four walk ways in it. I came out with one hundred year old dust on me, but that didn't bother me.

Saturday: we split in two group into two coffee shops. Interpreting dreams. It was very hard to do dreams here. My group had three people out of four hours being there. We had more effect just walking out on the streets.

A homeless and drunk lady literally ran into Sharon (South Carolina) then started crying. From then on she followed our group for the rest of the day. She didn't know why she was drawn to us. Brandon Crummer (Maui) would show love to her and tell her God loved her. She would at one instant refuse with disgust then the next moment ask "why are you so nice?". This woman was unfortunately prostituting herself in order to get alcohol. She would later come to The Woo's service. I got to meet and sit with her while she was drunk, heckling the speaker. She later couldn't take anymore church so Brandon and I walked her out. Through her drunkeness she asked why we were so nice to her and huged us, walking away. She's going to be changed forever.

Many more encounters happend that day, that brought hope to people who need it.

No comments: