Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Father of Lights


This week the weather was very winter-like. Being single digits during the day and negatives at night it made going outside an adventure in itself. Just being outside puts you in survival mode. Many of our vehicles would not start because the battery didn't have enough power to turn their frozen engines.

This week we learned about Saint Patrick and Saint Francis. Patrick was not even born in Ireland nor did he befriend leprechauns of any kind. He was born in Rome owned Britain but was later captured by Irish barbarians, taken to Ireland and forced into slavery. While in captivity he learned about Jesus, interesting. God eventually lead him to freedom guiding him by giving Patrick "Dreams"!!! so that he would have peace about what would happen next. After being free from slavery, later in his life he returns to Ireland, to minister to the ones who forced him into slavery. We Christians are insane, who would want to go back into the very place and people who oppressed us, its like we have a heart of a Heavenly Father or something.

Lately I've been asking God to see things in the Spirit. So as a good Dad he gave me what I asked for. A few nights ago I was laying in my bed. At the corner of my eye I saw a streak of light moving towards my desk. This happens for a split second. Now usually I would pass it off as my mind making things up. Not this time. A moment later my cell phone which is on my desk, beeps. It was a text message. I open it up and someone that I know said that he's praying for me. Wow!!!

By faith I saw the message/messenger reach my phone telling me of a prayer. This adds a whole new understanding to prayer. When you pray there is supernatural messengers that are sent, its even biblical. So you who think praying is boring (Me), think of the messengers that you are sending to carry out such petitioning. I love His Kingdom.

This weekend we are going to our first outreach for this trimester. Driving to Mass. Half of us are going to minister at a bookstore where we'll set up table to do dream interpretations and minister prophetically. Also we will be at a Brazilian church to minister and be ministered.

The other half is going to minister to the youth down in a vineyard church in Mass.. Then worshiping at the metrowest Bridge church (Streams church plant). I cant wait.

Right now the snow is falling making the trees in our backyard disappear, so Im going go outside and enjoy. God Bless YOu all.


Here is some lovely frost on a window which is inside not outside.

No comments: